Tropical Thoughts

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Butterfly Effect

Tropical Thoughts

The island is awash in butterflies right now. I have no idea WHY it is so, but it's almost like driving through confetti when I have to go anywhere. It's gorgeous, actually. I am, literally, giggly over it. They're distracting for me, which probably isn't a good thing when I'm behind the wheel of a car, but I'm a visual person, so such is my curse!

They seem especially active in the morning hours, when I'm on my way to work. They're dizzying in their flutter, as they dance chaotically and burst forth from everywhere. The vast majority are some species that is muted yellow in colour, but their energy is anything but quiet. They seem almost drunk in their movements; the complete opposite of a practiced and synchronized school of fish. But maybe that's why I like them. They are frantic and disorganized and seem to be enjoying every minute of it all.

Yay butterflies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home